Our job is to help students, and support the staff that are trying to help those same KHSD students and families everyday! This is a COLLECTIVE COMMITMENT and we think that all students can learn and all educators want to make a difference. This department will work to relentlessly enhance and support student services on each campus, that will include a comprehensive, multifaceted, and integrated continuum of school-community interventions for students in KHSD.
Those mentioned student supports will likely include social-emotional learning elements and supports related to Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), PBIS, restorative practices, and/or existing structures that may already be in place. We will work with school sites and community partners to coordinate services and align existing support structures whenever applicable.
Student Support Services are a vital part of comprehensive school program success, and our office focus areas are as follows:
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports (PBIS)
- Parent & Family Engagement
- School-Community Partnerships
- Student Outreach & Engagement
- Restorative Practices (TBD)
- Interagency Facilitation/Partnerships
- Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
WE believe in the BIG IDEAS of a Professional Learning Community:
- WE accept learning as the fundamental purpose of our school and therefore are willing to examine all practices in light of their impact on learning
- WE are committed to working together to achieve our collective purpose. We cultivate a collaborative culture through development of high-performing teams
- WE assess our effectiveness on the basis of results rather than only intentions. Individuals, teams, and schools seek relevant data and information and use that data/information to promote ongoing and continuous improvement